Division of Endocrinology
The Division of Endocrinology, Gerontology and Metabolism will fill one research and one clinical positions for fellowship beginning July 1, 2018.
Fellowship Application instructions can be found at the link below:
- Welcome Deborah E. Sellmeyer, MD, Clinical Professor. Our newest member of the team!
- Quote of the Quarter: "Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity." -Hippocrates
- End of the Year Party 2017: the end of the year party was truly a success. Thank you to all of those that organized and attended this fantastic party. It definitely was a memorable experience. The beloved shell mirror will surely be missed by the Endo administrative team.
- After a very success interview season, the match results have spoken. The Endocrinology Fellowship Program would like to welcome our new incoming fellows, Drs. Jian Zhang, from UCSD, and Ivana Jankovic, from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Their expected to arrive in June of 2018.
- Upcoming Events: the Division photo and Mixer will be taking place in early May. Stay tuned for further details!
- Calendar: visit our Endocrine Grand Rounds Calendar and keep up-to-date with all Department of Medicine Events.
Message from the Chief
Welcome to the Division of Endocrinology, Gerontology and Metabolism website. As a leading center for research, clinical studies, consultation, and treatment, our faculty is dedicated to providing patients with the latest therapies in the care and management of complex endocrine diseases and diabetes. The Division has a longstanding tradition of excellence in research, highlighted by major discoveries in the areas of insulin resistance and diabetes. Research efforts are supported by government and private funding and include diverse areas such as hormone action, various aspects of diabetes, obesity, growth disorders, calcium metabolism, pituitary disorders, aging and the genetics of endocrine disease.
The Endocrinology division is dedicated to the mission of the School of Medicine of advancing and exploring innovative and novel biomedical, translational and clinical research and education through the nurturing and stimulation of interactions among basic and clinical scientists, clinicians and educators throughout the School of Medicine and University as well as with the private and public sectors.